- Correct name: Be sure the address on the package/letter corresponds to the name as shown as the mailbox holder. Kindly use full names on all packages/mail and on mailboxes. For letter mail, kindly ask senders to print legibly and include mailbox number. Nick names, middle names, initials, etc. can cause delays or non-delivery.
- Correct Address: Ensure the address is as follows:
(Student’s Legal name)
115 Northgate Dr
University, MS, 38677
- Tracking #’s: Tracking #’s are normally not needed. However, they can be very helpful if the package proves hard to locate. Please have tracking numbers ready in case of an issue. It is also helpful to know what items you are looking for (I.E. Amazon orders, packages from home, etc.)
- Private Mailbox: Upon purchasing a mailbox online, each student is assigned their own private mailbox. It is for their use only. Students cannot share mailboxes. Mail/packages for anyone who does not have a mailbox must be returned. Furthermore, using two people’s names on a package will result in non-delivery of the page.
- Email alerts: Our system at our Package Center at Brown Hall takes inventory and sends an email each evening to everyone that has a package ready to be picked up. Unless you need the package immediately, kindly wait for the email alert before coming to pick up your packages-no wasted trips. If you are not receiving an email alert, check with a representative at Package Center to make sure you have email on file, and it is correct. It is still advised to check for packages and mail at least once a week.
- Pickup Mail/Packages at same time: PakMail Ole Miss is offering a service that you can choose to have your letter mail held at Package Center and pick up letter mail and packages at same time. Check with representative at Package Center for more information on this service. Mail is automatically kept at Brown unless the student opts out in person.
- Package Pick up: Packages take time to be sorted and made ready for pick up. Please allow packages a few hours to become ready before attempting pick up. Check all package shipping labels for your name and mailbox number to ensure accuracy. If you need an item for an event or deadline, please give yourself an extra day for transit and attempt to use FedEx Express if needing overnight delivery. (E.G. Calculator is needed by Friday, try to have it delivered on or before Thursday) 8. Distressed Packages (Missing Packages): If you find yourself in the unfortunate situation of having a distressed package, kindly provide a tracking number and additional details about the item. If the representative is still having an issue, ask for a Missing Package Worksheet and/or a supervisor/manager. If you do not have these details, kindly wait until you have the information on hand before filing a worksheet.our mailbox, you have the option to pick your letter mail up from mailbox or pickup your letter mail at Brown (Package Center) at same time as you pick up your packages.